Because I don’t have any usb keyboard at home, other than my big and bulky laptop stand, it is a bit of a challenge to type on a Raspberry Pi. I’ve even went as far as copying letters one by one with a mouse to type something.
But now that is solved thanks to this forum post where JeremyF and Paenny explain how to get an on-screen keyboard.
- type: sudo apt-get install matchbox-keyboard
- type ‘y’ say yes to installing
- create a new file on the Desktop called ‘keyboard.sh’:
- Then open a terminal and write:
chmod +x keyboard.sh
- Now you can double click that file and execute it to start a big on-screen keyboard 🙂
PS: If you start the keyboard from a terminal, and then use that keyboard to type ctrl-c in that terminal your Raspberry will go nuts.